Friday 1 October 2010

Bunny girl

Sick of having my feet pinched painfully by my boots, I decided to wear jeans for this week’s dress down Friday. I very rarely do this but the lure of my Converse was too hard to ignore. Of course, I had had to accept that post-dysentery, my jeans really needed to be washed. Even though I am the only person in the world who put on weight with dysentery. So it was in some trepidation that I put my freshly washed jeans on this morning. Reader, I managed to get them done up without lying on the bed. Okay, I feel slightly breathless due to extreme compression but I was able to go to the loo without fear. Fear of not being able to get them back on in a confined space that is, not dysentery fear.

I am plodding on with WW, hoping to woo SoD into a good result on Tuesday. Especially given my outrage that I put on weight whilst having dysentery for two and a half weeks. Oh, did I mention that already?

This weekend we are off to Suffolk and are hoping to do a good walk tomorrow and maybe a smaller one on Sunday – but all this is weather dependent and the rain is currently lashing down in a dismal way.

And my plans for WW saintliness were foiled this lunchtime when I went to buy a Crussh ginger chicken miso soup (3 points), absolutely light-headed and sweaty with hunger, to discover they’d run out. So I had to have an Eat Prawn Tom Yum (4.5points): I needed those points!

How’s a girl to burn lard when the gods of fate are seemingly against her?

As it is, I am in enormous fear as we’re eating once we get up to Suffolk tonight at c10-10.30pm and I don’t know how I’m going to go that long without eating. Have bought carrots, tomatoes and sugar snaps to munch in the car – but I think we all know that that is not going to fill me up. I’m eating enough carrots at the moment in an attempt to fill myself up that I ought to have x-ray vision, not just night-sight.

3 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

I've also heard of people turning orange due to excess carrot consumption. You may be the first to see it, what with your extra-acute vision and all.

Do you ever chew gum? I know it doesn't look attractive, but if you're going for a long drive, mostly at night, you could chomp away relatively unseen.

I'm glad your jeans went on okay. I laughed when I read about needing to wash them post-dysentery - never thought of that aspect (ass-pect?) until then.

Have a lovely weekend
Debbie xo

Call Me Ishmael said...

Hey Peridot, I saw a lady the other day who looked like she ate too many carrots -- or she had jaundice. She was waiting in line to go into a play at Times Sq. Let me just say it's not a look I would recommend for an otherwise fetching young lass like yourself! Have a great time this weekend, and keep those jeans on. Sometimes I wear my (formerly-loose and now tight'ish) skinny jeans as a reminder to myself that I want to get rid of my 10 lbs of summer bloat more than I want to eat an extra bite of X or Y. Much easier to remember that when you're feeling compressed, as you say!

Seren said...

I hate it when jeans need to be washed - so traumatic.

Hope you had a fabulous weekend.

Sx