Wednesday 2 July 2008

Heroic self control

I went to a meeting today where there was a large goldfish bowl of chocolate biscuits right in front of me on the table. INCLUDING Tunnock's Caramel Wafers. And I resisted! Twice! I felt sad about not having one - how ridiculous! - but kept thinking how I'd feel if I had a second week where the scales moved little or not at all.

I couldn't go for a run this morning because I had to leave home at 6.30am this morning to get in and do some specific work. I'm slightly light headed with tiredness now. And of course that means I'll have to run Thursday and Friday - two consecutive days which isn't ideal. I may not survive the week. In which case I'll be well narked off that I turned down that Caramel Wafer. (Twice)!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Well done...mind over matter is good stuff.

I'm knackered this evening after a marathon 8 hour negotiationg meeting and have succumbed to the wrong food but, following your example, I'm not going to compound it by eating too much of the wrong food! Thanks chuck.

Lesley x

Mrs said...

As a huge fan of the Tunnocks, I fully appreciate that self control. Well done. Make sure you reward your heroic efforts with something lovely for you!

Big kiss.


Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxxxxx