Friday 30 March 2012

Outlook: skinny

It's hard to believe that summer is about to come to a screeching halt. Or at least this lovely sunny weather that I've witnessed (obliquely) through the grimy window is about to stop now that I can actually get out in it. This is not funny. The temperature is predicted to plummet by 14o between today in London and tomorrow in Suffolk. So I'll be wrapping up warm for our 9 mile hike planned for tomorrow (not if it rains) and Lesley will have to put on her opaques and boots next week as we return to winter.

Apparently the cold will help me burn adipose fat so there's always a silver lining! Looking at the weather report, the next WI will be a triumph (of woman over SoD).

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Never!! Once they're off, they're off!!

Snow predicted here for Tuesday.....just weird. I'm looking forward to the disappearance of some adipose fat tho!!

Hope you had a lovely walk.

Lesley xx

Lesley said...

Suffolk...Sussex....erm.....

If it's any consolation, I was picturing Suffolk on the map but wrote Sussex. Actually, I think that's worse...

Hope you had a good time anyway.

Lesley x