Tuesday 10 January 2012

Skirting the issue

I don’t enjoy buying clothes. I don’t enjoy it because I pretty much always think I look awful (understand the wedding dress fear now?) and I buy most things from ebay – a habit I got into when on LighterLife when I knew my size would change relatively quickly. I am not sure if I were able to nail shopping, I’d feel less of a ragbag - but I digress.

I have 4 work skirts at any time (since we have dress down Friday) so anything that disrupts that pattern (a meeting on a Friday, say) is a disaster as there is no 5th option.

January is the biggest disaster of them all. I wouldn’t say any of the skirts fit well at the best of times: 1) rather too big so it swivels, 2) too big on the waist but otherwise fine 3) slightly straighter and snugger and 4) really quite small. I’d just about got into number 4 comfortably before Christmas but I will have to wear it on Thursday. Assuming it does up. And that goes for skirt 3 too. I only worked Wed and Thu last week so was fine in 1 and 2 but My. Time. Is. Up. Gulp.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I am even worse at shopping than you, evidently as I only have one pair work trousers and 2 skirts. Working from home helps but sometimes I have to repeat. And, get this: I. Just. Don't. Care. Work, schmerk.

Wear what's comfy hon.

Bet you get some great bargains on ebay though - wish I had the patience.

Lesley xx

Stephbospoon said...

Nowt wrong with repeating an outfit. People don't notice.

Gabby said...

I sympathise so much with the horror of shopping and feeling like you have nothing to wear.

4 work skirts is really not bad - hell even two is ok. No-one really notices what people wear at work, they definitely wouldnt notice if you repeated outfits. I think it's especially true of the bottom part of the outfit since you dont see that so much.

Seren said...

I'm exactly the same so I really sympathise. One of my resolutions for this year is to try and make myself go clothes shopping a little bit more and to try and overcome my mirror fear!

I'm with Lesley though, for work wear what's comfy - nothing worse than being at work AND struggling to breathe!!

Sx