Monday 23 July 2012

The milky jar kid

So, after a weekend of on-track eating and a cycle ride.... I have put on 1 ¼ lbs. How can this be? I really don’t understand what is going on. I’m hurtling in the wrong direction despite my best efforts.

Today is the first day of my 2 day v reduced calorie milk diet (that Genesis Intermittent thingy I mentioned). My menu for today looks like this:
Breakfast – Flat White, small plum yoghurt
Lunch – pot cottage cheese, chicory bulb and a peach
Dinner – vegetable stir fry and maybe another half yoghurt

Then I eat ‘normally’ for the other 5 days. I would just revert to my usual complex-carb-free diet. IF this works, I might be tempted to do this for 5 days and eat normally for 2 whenever possible – kind of invert the concept. I am feeling something approaching frantic about my weight and at the moment am scratching around for a Plan B so I really have my fingers crossed.

I’m a bit worried as to exactly how hungry I’m likely to be later but I guess that’s kind of the point (the point is that you’re supposed to come in under 650 cals). I have to grit my teeth and hope it’s worth the effort. And that I don’t get the shakes.

I spent a lot of time writing a job application yesterday. This is not fun. It’s such an investment of time and hope (breaks off to check lottery numbers. Damn.) and in my field, the application processes are a flipping nightmare. Still, I’ve got to try to escape; I can’t go on in such a toxic atmosphere.

The combined stress of work and diet seem to have made me even more clumsy than usual. And not in a ‘aren’t I just so cute and adorable’ Twilight/Bella way either. I managed to flip cream over the carpet and myself on Saturday night and I STILL don’t know how I caused the pot to do a full somersault in mid air. And then I tipped red wine over the table and carpet yesterday. I think I need to be kept away from any liquids for the duration.

PS Am hungry. Gaaahhhh, this had better work.

1 comment:

Gabby said...

You poor, poor thing. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I would have given up long ago.

I wonder if seeing your doctor again might help?

Good luck with the job hunt. I'm sure you'll find something, and it has to be better than the toxic place you're at now.