Friday 6 July 2012

Fleeing SoD

Knowledge may be power – but it also may be quite depressing. I’ve missed two WIs and I’m away next week. I’ve been 90% good in that time but as we know, 100% vigilance doesn’t achieve much so I’m pretty scared of what Scales of Doom might say. My 10% in the last 2 ½ weeks has included:

• 2 slices of bread and scrape of butter
• 2 bags of crisps
• 2 cookies (including a Bens. I’ve not had one for 2 years and I really shouldn’t have started now. Not that I’ve started as that implies continuing. This was a one off. A delicious, semi-cooked one off)
• ¼ of a Peking duck with pancakes
• 2 Magnums
• Extra 2 glasses of wine
• Cake tasting
• 4 Flat Whites. On 4 different days
• 2 flirtations with the smack table at work and a piece of cake
• A chicken miso soup with wholemeal glass noodles

It’s not a disaster. At least, it’s not a disaster for a normal person but for me...well, I fear the worst. Not quite sure why there is two of so many things either.

Next week I’m supposed to be spending a week hiking with my mother in Suffolk. The weather may curtail this but the dogs will insist on going out – it’s just whether it’s an enjoyable full day’s hiking or a quick and dirty (literally) whizz round. I am going to try and get back wholly on track in the week - with maybe one cheat on the night we go out to dinner. Then P and I have a birthday party to go to the following weekend – it’s in the garden (possibly) and it’s an unknown quantity. I don’t tend to drink during the day but who knows what the food will be. And what my powers of resistance will be up to.

Then once I’m back at work I think I’m going to try intermittent dieting. Breast Cancer UK have a diet whereby you spend 2 days a week on a VLCD diet and then the others eating sensibly (they recommend the Mediterranean . It involves a lot of dairy and very little else and you eat around 650 cals. Then I’ll do my usual no refined carbs the other days. My fear is sugar – I can have fruit yoghurt which is exciting but slightly worrying. Still, worth a try I reckon. I don’t like milk so I’ll be eating yoghurt, cottage cheese and having the odd Flat White. It actually sounds more indulgent than my usual diet....
http://www.allaboutyou.com/health/diet/diets-2-day-diet-dairy-diet

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I don’t develop trench foot over the next week and that much walking helps me achieve a positive result with SoD when I finally pluck up the courage to consult with it in 10 days time.

1 comment:

Seren said...

Fingers crossed - as ever. And your list of transgressions doesn't sound too bad.

That milk diet sounds a little scary to me but they do say that a high dairy diet can have a positive effect on weight loss so will be interested to hear how it goes.

Sx