Thursday 28 June 2018

The weak that was

Another week has slipped by - mostly in the grip of nausea.  That finally seems to be retreating, thank goodness.  I went it to see the nurse associated with the company I had my band through - she took the 'priming' filler out (only 1mg) and that seems to have sorted it.  Or maybe it's time.  One of the nurses thought that the band had been pressing on my vagus nerve - which controls nausea.  Either way, I'm still v weak and feeble but it's such a relief not feeling - or being sick.

As I gradually have fills to the band, I was a bit nervous, but apparently there is no reason why I should feel sick after every fill.  This is doubly the relief as being off from work on 4 occasions (even if each is a day) triggers warning disciplinary action.

So, in another week on water and occasional ice lollies, mostly, I lost 5lbs.  That was of yesterday.  I suspect some of that is dehydration as I had put on 1lb this morning.  I had some soup last night and managed to drink more fluids during the day.  It's still annoying though, as I must be consuming very few calories.  SoD should not be moving in any direction upwards.

I was signed off for the rest of this week - I was pretty amazed as I thought GPs wouldn't really do that any more.  It's the longest I've been ill since I started working.  Shame that feeling ill rather spoils the time off!  Not to mention that I'm concerned I'm missing summer, skulking droopily indoors.

Next week I will have to brave the tubes again.  Given that I'm still at the stage where a shower is exhausting, I'll have to hope that I improve rapidly before then.  The Jubilee line in summer rush hour (or, actually, at all) is enough to make the most hale of constitutions shrivel.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm sorry you're feeling weak but REALLY pleased the nausea has let up. I hope you manage to creep outside to a shady spot today as a bit of "fresh" air and sunshine will lift your spirits I promise. Just getting outside always helps me even if it's just to sit on a bench and read a book. Big hugs and congratulations on the 5lbs off!! Lxx

Lesley said...

First day back to work today. I hope the tube and the whole experience was not too painful. Take it easy. Lxx