Sunday 18 May 2014

Another good week...

Which ought to mean a decent result on SoD - but of course not really.  From official WI I put on 1lb - from unofficial WI I lost 1lb.  It's a bit confusing.  Anyway, I'm now Repulsive.8 1/2 lbs.  Really, who knows what's going on.  I think we can assume another cold winter though - I don't see me losing 2 1/2stones by then, which is what I need to do to get in my coat.

And 2 stone would make such a difference - like fitting in some of my summer clothes for a start.  I have some nice cotton and linen shirts which I'd love to wear with jeans at the weekend but they're just too small.  Everyday is another panic about what to wear.

Little else to say really.  I'm still feeling pretty wretched but I do thank you for your kind comments, it does help not to feel quite so alone with this.  Work is also being even more of a nightmare than usual.  P is really helping with this but I so need to get out - it's just toxic.  I applied for a couple of things this week but we'll see.  Things have to get better soon.

3 comments:

Seren said...

Right, let's take it as a pound loss and say good job, pat on the back, happy dance. Because I think you need the boost.

The clothes thing is awful - I fully sympathise. I have a whole suitcase full of lovely things that I packed away because I couldn't bear to see them in the wardrobe any more - they were a constant reminder of my own failure. But you know what, if your clothes aren't working for you, then go and buy yourself a pair of shoes and a lipstick. Lipstick always fits. At the moment, especially with work being hard, you need to do whatever it takes to get you through. Once that is more settled we can put our thinking caps on and work out the best way forward with regards the diet plan.

Sx

Lesley said...

Hey hunny. We'll take that as a lb off eh? I can't help thinking that changing your job will help everything else. Being happy makes a huge difference. Fingers crossed for you that you find something good soon.

Re clothes...I was sad that I had to buy new, larger sizes for my hols but I found some nice stuff v cheap and felt fine (although fat) out there. Buy some cheap and cheerful stuff and remove that stress from your life at least.

Good luck for another good week and chin up chuck. L xxx

Blods said...

Hi Peri, well done on the 1lb down. Think Lesley's advice to buy some cheap and cheerful things is the way forward for now.

Over the weekend I read a book called, Fat Chance by Dr Robert Lustig which I'd really recommend. It explains so much about weight gain and how people should not be judged because of this it's not as simple as eat less, move more in order to lose weight.

One quote from Page 82: " Three classes of medicines (steroids to control inflammation, antipsychotics to stabilize mood, and oral hypoglycemic agents to treat DIABETES) are notorious for driving insulin up and causing excessive weight gain."

One of the best things we can do for our bodies, according to Lustvig is to increase the amount of fibre we eat. He doesn't approve of any "diet" as such, just abhors the overuse of sugar in all processed foods.

Sorry if this is coming across as a bit random, the book is brilliant, I'd love you to read it as I think it might help you to be kinder to yourself.

Good luck with the job search. Blods x