Tuesday 10 July 2018

Things can only get better

 It’s not been a good couple of weeks:
  • Nausea and sickness for a fortnight
  • Weight still going up
  • My phone stolen
  • And then this morning on my way in to work, I stumbled and fell, face first, onto the concrete.  The damage is mostly to my left cheekbone which is busily  growing in size and my left knee.  I’m hoping the knee is just stiff and will right itself.  My right knee hurts- as do my wrists but it’s much more manageable.  I am quite literally falling asleep at my desk and I’m hoping it’s just because of being tired and the adrenalin depletion, rather than concussion .  I hope it’s only that – and I’m hoping that falling onto my left cheekbone means it can’t be concussion.

But if I make a lot of mistakes and/or make no sense in this posting, do please forgive me.

In the past  - the recent past as well as some way back – I would definitely have consoled myself with some chocolate.    But I can’t. Well, I might be able to physically but I definitely shouldn’t.  Especially with my weight at best stalling and at worse going up .  It’s WI tomorrow and it’s not looking good.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Aaaaargh! What a nightmare. I know what a shock it is to find yourself face planting the floor as I fell over in the middle of the road last week but I got away with just a graze. I hope you feel better soon and there is no harm done to face or knee. (((((Big hug sugar))))))

Well done on the whole staying strong thing. You are right though, it WILL get better. Lxxx

Seren said...

Oh no, I do hope you’re ok. I’ll keep everything crossed for your WI tomorrow. Hopefully you’ll finally see some downwards movement.

Sx