Wednesday 15 July 2015

Green on red

In the red corner (red is for ‘stop’, dear Reader) is the fact that it’s coming up to that time of the month and that I had rice for dinner last night (yes, I know you’re supposed to be able to have rice on SW but hmmm.  Hmmm, is all I’m saying).  In the green corner (and I won’t insult your intelligence, dear Reader, by spelling out what green is for) I have been so, so, so, so, SO good this week.  AND I have skipped a couple of meals.  AND I’d had a haircut – that’s got to weigh the scales in my favour.  I wanted a decent loss this week – 2lbs + ideally – as I am teetering on a stone’s cusp.  A single solitary lb would have me down to the next stone bracket. 

I approached SoD with feelings of hope diluting my usual trepidation – I knew I’d done the work and so, I told myself, I had nothing to fear.  Right?  Wrong.  Nada.  Not a sausage – not so much as a cocktail sausage’s worth of effort rewarded.

You may recall that I said we were dogsitting.  Well, she’s not been well and has been on reduced rations – and more digestible ones.  She’s clearly hungry.  Even by Labrador standards, poor dog.  Last night P said “Who do you think is hungrier?  You or Lily [dog]?”.  Well, all I know is that her portion sizes are larger – and she is smaller.  That’s all I have to say on that matter.

Reader, I was cheated.  There is no doubt about that.  I’d take it up with the diet gods but their customer service sucks.  It means that this week will be harder. I find it harder to maintain discipline and resist temptation when I feel that doing so isn’t paying off for me.  All I can say is that there better be a significant loss next week (I’m talking 3lbs+) in order to make up for this.  And so, I grimly set my teeth, tighten my belt (well, obviously I can’t do that literally) and set off for next WI.

Fatloss forecast:
Again, a quiet week ought to mean that the Green Corner triumphs, pummelling Red into meek submission.  But Green needs to get its finger out – it has the tools, now it needs to up its game.  I’d better stop there on the metaphors.  Team Green though.  Always

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I've been reading your blog for years and wanted to let you know you are not the only one out there that can do everything right and see no loss. A lot of times I would see a loss every other week (at a pound each loss) and it's annoying but at least progress.

I just started a very strict paleo diet with my naturopath and I'm seeing pounds drop like crazy. She said it sounds like I have serotonin and leptin hormone issues that are keeping me from burning fat so I'm just burning sugar. For 3 weeks I'm following a no sugar, no fruit, no carbs, no alcohol, no coffee diet and it seems to be working. If this can reset my body I've decided 3 weeks is worth the sacrifice, though I am still mourning my loss of fruit, wine, and coffee for the time being :) Once the 3 weeks are over it's off to a normal paleo diet which will seem very open!

All of us are so different so what works for one doesn't work for another but don't be discouraged and know that you will find your way as long as you keep trying!

Cindy

Seren said...

I'm sorry to hear that - but PLEASE don't let it deter you for this week. I am sending waves of willpower and resolve your way - that stone mark will be yours.

Sx

Lesley said...

Yoooouuu CAN do it!! Keep it up chuck!! Lxx