Tuesday 13 October 2009

Sick

Sick in mind and body, that's me at the moment!

I feel really rough - my boss took one look at me as I came back from my lunchtime wander yesterday and said I should go home immediately, that I had no colour (I don't often but she knows this so I'm guessing I was even paler than normal). My legs were like cotton wool and I felt shaky and spaced out and altogether odd.

Sod's law of course meant that I was supposed to be seeing Fame last night with a group of friends - I was really looking forward to it and it was a mark of how rough I felt that I cancelled it and went home. And I was supposed to be out tonight with a friend - I was really looking forward to that too and needed words of wisdom from her. Grrrr.

It's only a cold and I know you feel worse at the start of one so I'm sure I'll be feeling better soon - but too late for my nice social things. Today I still have a very sore throat and feel dazed and tired but am starting to get snotty which will mean I can start getting better (I think!).

Sadly, I am one of those people who feels the need to eat anything and everything when I'm ill. I think in some sort of twisted way, I see this as indulgence, kindness, as looking after myself. I'm trying to fight this impulse too (as well as the lurg) as I know I don't want to be even fatter at the end of this. But I do wish I was the sort of person that stopped eating entirely when they felt ill.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Aaaaah sweetie - sorry you sick, it's not fair!!

I know what you mean about eating when ill - I never managed the wan "I couldn't eat a thing" business. It was always, "I need sustenance...."!

Stay stong and I hope you feel better soon.

Lesley x

Call me Ishmael said...

Feel better Peridot!

Claire said...

Ah me too on the overeating when ill...or unhappy..or happy...or...

Hope you feel better soon. x