Thursday 1 March 2018

Mind the Gap

July 2017 – February 2018: that’s quite a gap.  Apart from trying and failing to lose weight, in this time I have had a holiday to North Cyprus (not at ALL what I expected – lots of men settling to escape extradition.  Chunky gold jewellery and moaning about the bacon/useless locals not being able to make Yorkshire pudding properly).  

Also: Qatar – just back from there.  We went for some winter sun.  Which we got, but there isn’t an awful lot to see and it is VERY expensive. 

I am a stone heavier now than I was in Cyprus in September.  My weight goes up when I stop being vigilant – and then I STS when I am being vigilant.  You’ll note that what is missing from this is the (cue angel choirs and streamers) losing weight option.  Oh, how I want the losses.  I think I’m losing on average 0.5 – 1lb a month.  I know this because I weigh most days and record it. I am a stone heavier than when I started LighterLife.  My confidence, self-esteem and zest for life is rock bottom. 

As Seren wisely commented, the numbers on the Scales of Doom have the power to ruin or make your week.  I would love to make peace with SoD and to have consistent losses.  This is what I’d hope to achieve by the band.  I put the work in, the band helps me and I get a reward from SoD.

You won’t be surprised to learn that there was no use of the expensive tankini I bought for Jordan in either Cyprus or Qatar.  I am not sure it would have fit but I certainly wasn’t going to find that out.  I feel sad for myself that I cannot, dare not, get in the pool or the sea.  I know physically I could – but I would be so distressed that, in reality, I couldn’t.  Sometimes I feel like the opportunities are slipping through my hands and I am wasting my life.  Sometimes I don’t care and just want to hide away and let the world pass me by.



Finally, Lana Bump – I have tried eleventy thousand times to respond to your comment but, for a baffling reason, it won’t let me.  This is what I typed:

“Thank you for your support – it means a lot.  And you’re quite right about that vicious circle, it’s, well…vicious”

3 comments:

Lesley said...

We are both starting again. Penitent and determined. Let us both try to do things a little differently - me to make changes permanent - you maybe not to be so hard on yourself??

Let's do it!! We can you know. Lxxx

Lana Bump said...

Ah I'm famous! My heart gave a jolt when I saw my name in your post! Much love and I second what Lesley says--work on your self talk. It's that thing of not saying to yourself something you wouldn't say to a friend. So much easier said than done, but the only way to build a muscle is to keep using it.

Peridot said...

Aren’t you lovely!

x