Tuesday 15 November 2016

I kind of understand why the Catholics have confessional- it's someone who'll listen to you. I don't have that. Nor do I have the sorts of friends that I can go to - dearly though I love them. And in any case, I wouldn't know where to start or even how to voice it. But things are tough at the moment - and yes, that includes my weight and the feelings of loathing and failure that that brings. It's not 'just' that, it feels like life is just too tough at the moment. All my energy is used to keep putting one foot in front of the other and to keep a bright, normal facade. Sometimes it gets too tiring to keep the mask there.

Anyway, what this means is that I don't have the energy to write attempted entertaingly from the coal face of weight loss. I don't know when I'll be back. But sure as sure, whatever life chucks at me I'll be fat and trying (unsuccessfully) not to be. So maybe. I still think that a lot of my problems would be lessened by being slimmer. I've lost my way though.

If any of you are left, I wish you joy and success in every aspect of your lives. Thank you for listening

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm so, so sad to hear this. I'll miss you. Hope life picks up for you and we start to hear from you again xx

Seren said...

Oh lovely, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things improve for you and I hope that at some point you feel inspired to write again. I will miss you and your blog terribly. Sending love and hugs and all very best wishes. (Oh, and feel free to drop me an email if you want to talk about stuff away from the blogosphere).

Sx

Love Cat said...

Lady P, after you left your lovely comment on my blog I popped over to catch up.

SO sorry to hear you are feeling like this. I might be rubbish at checking in but when I do, I always look forward to hearing from you. Thinking of you lots xxxx

Lesley said...

We're all going to miss you during what I hope is only a hiatus in your blogging career. You are much more than your weight. I'll be in touch hon. Lxx

Unknown said...

All of my best to you! xoxoxo

JW said...

Sorry to hear this - I enjoy your writing tremendously. Hope you'll be back

mia79gbr said...

Wishing you the best of luck in everything you do. Wishing you long summers, short winters and mountains of cake that can be eaten without putting on a single pound.

amy said...

Please come back. I miss you.

Lesley said...

Sigh....saw all your lovely comments on my blog and wondered if you might have popped back for a Christmas Special post. Not nagging, honest but hope you do come back when you feel ready as you had a lovely voice.

Anyway- hope you have a great Christmas and New Year and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Re the Fitbit, you enter your calories through your mobile so it's not that different to many other apps other than this one has your steps and exercise automatically logged as well. I find it pleasing...

I thought we had to be close to you when we were in That London but you were out!! Another time. Maybe up here now we have a functional guest bedroom again?! Lesley xxx

amy said...

Happy New Year!

Badger said...

Happy New Year!! Hope you're feeling better xx